Reviewing Clipzys Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Clipzy, Jan 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clipzy

Clipzy New Member

(General)
    What is your Minecraft Username?
    ItzClipzy

What is your Discord Username?
    (ex. Piggie#0800)
    Clipzy#6052

How old are you currently?
    I am currently 17 years old.

Do you own a microphone?
    Yes, I own a fully functional microphone.

What is your gender?
    I am of the male gender.

What country do you live in, and what timezone?
    I live in the United States, my time zone is Pacific Time. (PMT)

Can you speak any other languages? If so, please list them
    I am only fluent in English but I have taken Spanish in high school.

(Server Experience)
    How long have you been playing on the server?
    I have only been on the server for a few days, maybe 2 or 3.

Are you a donor? If so, what server and rank?
    I am not a donor sadly.

What motivated you to apply for a staff position?
    What had motivated me to apply for the staff rank was that I was shown this server by a friend of mine, Piggie. He invited me to check it out so I did. I haven't found a server to staff on for a while, usually, because the ones I do staff for are later shut down. I have been playing on this server and have become a QA tester and been helping with the new Skyblock server. I have an enjoyment of helping server work from the ground up, even though this one has been around for a while. The player base is small and the community is only getting started again and I would like to help the development of this server in any way I can.

Have you ever been punished by a staff member?
    I have not been punished.

Have you got any prior experience as a community staff member and what have you learned?
    Smaller Servers: Working on a server is something I've been doing for a while and it's quite fun sometimes, especially when it's just you and your friends. I have learned and gained lots of experience with plugins and such from helping with small servers which lead me to help with even bigger servers.

InfectionZone: Server owned by YouTuber that slowly met its closure. This was the first time I was staff on a server with a decent size community. With this, I began to use forums more often and became to understand them more. I learned here how to properly moderate servers and the actions to take towards players for punishments and such.

RegionZ: Another Server owned by a YouTuber. Here I learned how to manage bigger servers because, at my status as Developer, I stood the highest and was the one doing most the work. A couple months into it, because of the decisions of the Owner the server started to die. All my admins left so their jobs were pinned on me. I accepted applications, installed/set up the plugins, fixed bugs, moderated, pretty much all higher up jobs. Of course, I did get a new staff team that was devoted to the server like me and helped me out which I'm super thankful for. But what I learned through all that is to listen to the community more, the owner seemed to ignore them so they didn't join anymore. Also what I learned is to manage my time well. I learned to balance what I do online with what I do IRL. And I also learned to trust my staff team, and depend on them a bit.

CounterCraft: I had been accepted as a CounterCraft Helper sometime ago and it wasn't it for very long(Due to PC Issues). There wasn't much I did at the time besides make skins, so I didn't really learn anything. I just really got along well with the community on the forums.

Most importantly, I learned to trust and rely on your team. Also, listen to the community and what they have to say about things.

Provide the following forum sections, with their URL's
    Rules: http://rageraid.org/forums/forums/rules.24/
    Player Reports: http://rageraid.org/forums/forums/player-reports.18/
    Bug Reports http://rageraid.org/forums/forums/bug-reports.17/
    Punishment Appeals: http://rageraid.org/forums/forums/appeal-your-ban-mute.20/

(About You)
    Why do you want to be a staff member?
    Working with a team is something I've been always fond of. I like working and creating something with people, like a community and building more friendships with people. I also love the server work, when it comes to it, building, plugin configuring, moderating, things like that I just like to do.

Why should we choose you over other candidates?
    When it comes to my knowledge when staffing, I think that I have a very good understanding of what should be done in situations and consider myself very organized and able to manage a lot. When it comes to jobs, I do as I'm told in the best way and in a very well mannered way.

Is there anything else we should know about you?
    Not anything super important, thanks for reviewing my application.

2. Piggie

Piggie New Member

Requesting Interview

Hello there, thank you for applying for our staff team.
    I would like to invite you to an interview on our discord in order to further discuss your application and your interest in becoming a Helper. This requires a microphone, so please let me know if that is an inconvenience. If you do not respond to discord within two weeks of time, your application will be denied.

Thanks for applying!
    If you have any question regarding your application, please PM me and schedule your interview time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.